Monday, December 1, 2008

Obama Is President Now? Not Yet!

The last time I checked George W. Bush is still President of the United States. Inauguration Day is January 20th, 2009. Why is it people are already assuming and predicting how Barack Obama will lead? He hasn't even moved into the White House yet. I can't even watch the news anymore because all I hear about is the crazy analysis of the choices of Obama's cabinet and what kind of President Obama will be. Last time I checked cabinet members report and are the employees of the President's will. They are not the President. It does not matter how awesome of a political pundit you think you are, you cannot predict Obama's Presidency based off his cabinet picks.

Do I know how Barack Obama will lead? No. I voted for him because I thought he would be the best for the job. I really have no clue what his plans are though. I'm not going to give my opinion of his leadership until he actually has the job though. We are facing some very challenging times and there is no magic solution. Contrary to belief Barack Obama cannot cure cancer his first day in office. Our federal goverment has three branches of government and also has checks and balances. This is not a dictatorship. Barack Obama cannot wave his arm in fury and get things done.

Please, also give George W. Bush a break. The problems of our country are not all on the President of United States. There are multiple causes to all the countries problems not just George W. Bush. Do I think he has made some bad decisions? Yes. I do not blame him for everything though. Some people are so obsessed with party politics that it blinds them to the real causes of our problems. Our country has become so fixated on placing blame that they do not use that same fixation to actually solve the problem. Focus on the present, not the past.

I'm not a fortune teller and neither is the media. I do not know what the future holds for us. I really hope though that Barack Obama steers us into the right direction. Once he is in office then we can criticize or praise his decisions. Until January 20th though please, SHUT THE F@!CK UP!

1 comment:

  1. You are corect nobody knows yet how he will be as a President. But we can certainly judge him based on his own words. He promised change not only in how Washington was run but who would be runing it and by appointing so many who served in the Clinton administration he has failed on his major campaign promise. Do I like all of his ideas no would I vote for him no but I was a little excited to see what he would do and what his change would be. No he is not a dictator but one way he can be effective is by his appointments. I haven't given up on him yet but it is a little disheartening.
    I also agree with you about Bush. He is not to blame for all the troubles we face I think this all goes back to that day 9-11 and say what you want but we used the housing markets and credit and all these tools to pick ourselves up after the stocks fell, we put band aids on wounds that needed stitches and we finally got an infection. We did exactly what Bin Laden wanted we went and attacked. He knew we wouldn't stop there, he knew we would sink money into wars and he knew we would be looking for more targets and we gave him a bonus with Iraq.

    ReplyDelete