Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What Happens When You Die?



http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20080923/hl_time/whathappenswhenwedie

With science and technology will humans ever be able to answer life's mysteries which we so desired answered? I think everyone has always debated in their mind about this very question. We always ask ourselves, does life end with death? People with faith and religion believe they already have the answers of life's mysteries. Those who do good go to heaven and those who do bad go to hell. The consensus of millions of people that have near death experiences is that you see a bright light at the end of a tunnel. Others have said, they're floating from the ceiling and can peer down on themselves. Critics believe that this is a biological reaction to the brain shutting down. It is a pretty scary prospect to think that our collective consciousness seizes to exist and our existence is erased when we die. I personally hope that something happens after death. I hope that my entire existence isn't based on the time frame of my life expectancy.

Apparently, researchers have developed drugs to slow down the process of death. Lets say that your heart stopped beating. These drugs would be able to give doctors a prolonged period of time to revive you. Technically slowing down the process of death. With this prolonged time frame of slowing down death's process, what does the patient experience? Millions of people explain that they still have a conscious even though vital organs are shutting down. If we were to slow down death for a long period of time, we would be able to research what is going on with you mentally and biologically after you die.

Personally, I don't presume to have the answer for the death mystery. I guess that we'll all find out someday when we die or if I have a near death experience. I personally believe in science and in due time science can answer all of these questions. I just personally hope we can answer a majority of these questions during my lifetime so I know what to expect lol. I mean how long did it take people to stop believing that world is flat? As my one friend told me, some people still do! The science fiction books and shows of the past were always said to be impossible. In science, I firmly believe that nothing is impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment